Monday, October 12, 2009

Sweeter Than Chocolate - Week Five!



Week Five! It is my prayer that we finish this study strong and I commend you for 'staying the course' in your commitment. It hasn't always been easy, has it? There were no promises that it would be, but the treasures we have gleaned have been well worth it!

Once again you have a full week ahead of you, remember... don't set your study aside and then try and play 'catch-up' on the last day, you will miss so much and leave yourself feeling only frustrated and exhausted. Rather, set aside a certain amount of time each day, praying before you begin that God Himself would guide you through and open your eyes to those truths that He would have you to know.

I encourage you to continue in your markings that I have already given to you in past weeks, along with those that you have added yourself. This week you will be looking at everything from Joshua to Acts, from Habukkuk to Matthew and Mark and even a little of Revelation 1!

Because of the extent of your homework and knowing that you will have PLENTY to discuss when you gather together, whether On-Line or in person, I have kept the interactives this week to only a few:

- Continue in your markings and write down your findings from what you have marked

- This week mark the word 'righteous' in all four stanzas and go back to the beginning of Psalm 119 and mark every occurrence of it as well

- Remember to mark purpose clauses, time references and every mention of 'adversaries' and its synonyms

- Discuss with your In-Person Group or On-Line Group what you have learned from your studies, in the additional scriptures that have been included in your homework, that have deepened your understanding of the significance of the cross of Christ

I am looking forward to meeting with you in Bible Cafe, see you there!

6 comments:

Cathie said...

Hi! I am so glad that you are here! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home... what has spoken to you this week from your study in God's Word? Think about it... the other girls should be arriving soon and we will talk about it!

Margaret said...

I too was struck by that phrase v130 "the unfolding of Your words gives understanding to the simple."
It took me to Jesus's words when He commended the little children to come to Him, for of such is the kingdom of God.Luke 18:16&17.
Also in 1 Cor 1:27 Paul says that God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise.

Angie said...

Hi Girls,
I have found the perfect way to pass time quickly. Not that I would wish this for any of you but if it did...
This morning I found myself in that position. My husband was having surgery and while it was not serious, I was still concerned.
I knew that I would have 4 hours to spare and shopping just did not have any appeal. A walk would have been nice but I had something else in mind. I had my homework and my Bible and I know I made the better choice.
I was told to come back in 2 hours so down I went to the cafeteria. I found a table and opened up my Bible and my homework, said a prayer for my husband and I do not remember being aware of anything or anyone after that.
The 2 hours seemed to fly by. Vs:127-128 is such a wonderfully strong statement of his love for God's commandments and precepts. WHAT AN ENDORSEMENT! Vs:136 speaks of the psalmist shedding tears for the lost. This is a verse that speaks to me.
I enjoyed reading about Peter and John in Acts 4 and it always encourages me. Then I went a little deeper into the encounters with Jesus that Saul and John had. Saul heard a loud voice and saw a light flash from heaven and fell to the ground. The beauty of John's description of Jesus as he too, fell to the ground just overwhelmed me, once again. I found the song "I Can Only Imagine" running through my head.

I can only imagine
what my eyes will see
when your face
is before me
I can only imagine!!!

Cathie said...

Hey Margaret, Hey Angie! Good to see you two girls here AND sharing the benefits and blessing of God's Word to you this past week.

Margaret, thank you for sharing those two scripture references for us... it is good to think on these things and look deeply at the many facets of truth and wisdom that they hold for us today. Just thinking about those men and women that have positions of leadership and authority in world-wide government today and the decisions that they make daily should make these scriptures heavy with meaning for us!

Angie, I have been humming that praise song since I read your comment! We should ALL have eternity stamped upon our eyes as we walk through the days that God has given us. I understand the depth that v. 136 reached in your own heart, it has done the same in mine... God has heard your every prayer sweetheart and has caught each of your tears in His bottle... He has forgotten not one of them.

Jan said...

Hi to all my sisters in Christ,
I have had another burst of understanding this week. I am sure I should have 'gotten" this before but I am one of the simple that the psalmist speaks about in vs 130. Cathie, I remember how you spoke about using God's word to explain God's word and I never quite understood but this week with the help of my sisters I began to do much more cross-referencing than I had done before and I really began to see how God's word builds on God's word. I felt as if a lightbulb had flicked light on over my head just like you see in the comics. I began to see how checking 1 cross-reference led to another and I could feel my understanding of what was being said greatly increase. Like I have said many times, it seems to take me a wee bit longer to catch on but eventually I do. I am blessed by that verse, knowing that God will have patience with me and will give me understanding, even if it takes a while.

Cathie said...

Jan, I am thrilled! Truly! There is nothing quite like having the Word of God interpreting the Word of God for us through our study of.... you guessed it... God's Word! Well done! The joy of the unfolding of God's Word ... love it!

By the way sweetheart, I received your e-mail and you are registered for the Revelation Study. I can hardly wait to see what the Lord has in store for you in the weeks yet to come!

With love,
Cathie :o)